Monday, September 29, 2008

Climbing Trip to Potrero Chico





I went on a climbing trip this past weekend to a small little pueblo called Potrero Chico, about an hour outside of Monterrey. The town is known for its incredible climbing and extensive routes. Definitely a great place to get away from the city. The mountains were beautiful and the climbing was both challenging and amazing. We camped out at a local campsite and enjoyed a carne asada and bonfire...didn't get much sleep. The weather was perfect, low 90s and cool at night-I love still being able to camp at the end of September! Climbing has definitely been one of the highlights of Monterrey, I had no clue when I got here that I would get into it, but how can you not with such beautiful mountains? I swear I hear them yelling "climb me!"

No comments: