Wednesday, December 2, 2009

One year later

Woah! So I took a year off from blogging, not planned but because I found myself completely engrossed in anything and everything except blogging. Its always fascinating to look back over a year and consider all that has taken place, isn't it! Since I like to organize my thoughts into bullet points continually, I thought, why not consider all that has happened in the past year and be a thankful? Here's what has happened:
  • Saw the Mayan Ruins (Chichen Itza) and the Yucatan Peninsula with Jon
  • Completed an International Marketing Plan for a company in Mexico who plans to sell in the US
  • Lived in a house with 7 amazing buddies
  • Drove accross the midwest
  • Helped build a house in Billings, Montana
  • Competed in Ski to Sea Race
  • Graduated from college!
  • Lived in Alaska
  • Gave tours of Skagway, AK and daytrips to the Yukon Territory
  • Drove the entire Alaska Highway to Washington
  • Backpacked 38 miles on the Chilkoot Trail
  • Built incredible relationships with people
  • Learned to rely on the Lord on a whole new level
  • Traveled to Vancouver Island to visit family
These are the large things I could think of off the top of my head, but just as important is the small stuff that I experience daily that challenges me, forces me to grow, makes me appreciate the things I take for granted, and reminds me of how blessed I am. Happy Thanksgiving. A week late.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Backpacked 38 miles in 2 days... and saw a griz.