Saturday, October 18, 2008

The 2-1 Run

I had a blast this past weekend with friends at my birthday. We ate dinner downtown at this restaurant called "Feelgr@w" on friday night. It is THE coolest place to eat dinner, a really classy yet trendy restaurant with its own character. three stories, half indoor and half outdoor with cool lights, trees, art, a bar, cafe and tables. All 16 of us sat out on the terrace that had a view of the downtown and enjoyed the view, company and amazing food-i had a grilled salmon that was one of the best dinners i've had since i've moved to Monterrey. The place was packed come 11pm and there was a live Jazz band as well which was a sweet surprise. Awesome place to celebrate. I then went to 7-11 to get some hot chocolate because it was kinda cold (70 degrees)-I got in the taxi cab with some friends and we took off. My friend Holly accidentally knocked my hand with her elbow and all the sudden I had burning hot chocolate running down my shirt and onto my lap! It looked like I puked down my shirt, haha. It was a good laugh. Jon's taxi got pulled over by a policeman who asked for a bribe, everyone laughed in the Cab and thought it would have been great to take a picture of them at that moment paying their first bribe to policemen in Mexico! They told him they wouldn't support that and he let them go free...as if they done anything in the first place. After arguing over taxi fare with the cab driver who tried to rip us off, we went to my friend Natasha and Sam's and had birthday cake. Sam makes an amazing homemade chocolate cake with Nutella frosting! Thats right. We played a game very similar to guess that tune, and our team, the "Soriana Lovers" won by one point. We hung out, went for a walk to the park, realized it was incredibly late and took a cab home. It was an amazing birthday! Thanks friends!

No comments: