Saturday, October 18, 2008

Tis the season, right?

While many of you back home are having an appropriate fall-cooler mornings, falling leaves, warm coats and scarves, oh yeah and pumpkin spice lattes...I am pretending to have fall. Don't get me wrong, I love that its October 19th and still 84 degrees outside, but it seems like even the people here desire a fall, and try to make it look like fall, when really all fall is in Monterrey is just a cooler summer. I love the sunshine, love the absence of the rain, but miss the diversity of seasons-especially this time of year when I look forward to a rainy day and a hot coffee. The other day I was at Starbucks and I asked the barista if he could make a pumpkin spice latte (I usually have about two of them a year-usually an americano is plenty) because i was in a fall mood. He looked at me like I was from another planet (more like another country) and can to a sad realization that we're not going to have the fall drinks that some of us coffee addicts look for, as indicators that the season are changing. Call me pathetic but I know some of you, well, actually, many of you can relate. So do me a favor, the next time you order some festive coffee beverage, toast to Mexico, who although lacks diversity of seasons still remains home for me-at least til mid december. In the meantime an americano will do. Cheers,
-Jordan

1 comment:

Katie Rice said...

So did we ever get the fall drinks, or did we skip straight to winter?