Wednesday, August 6, 2008


Bienvenidos a Monterrey Mexico!!! For those who are not familiar with the area, Monterrey is on the northeast side of Mexico and is called the city of mountains for obvious reasons! Beautiful sky-scraping fingers that boast beautiful sites from everywhere in Monterrey. This is a picture of my dorm, its quite nice. My initial plan was to find a host family to live with, however families in Monterrey are not very open to hosting foreigners, nevertheless I am enjoying the residences-and for two reasons, my cool roommate Miguel, and air conditioning! It is 97 degrees outside right now, which is normal and it doesn't cool down beyond 85 at night! I'm adapting to the heat though, and loving the lack of rain. I am attending UDEM, also known as Universidad de Monterrey, a catholic school of about 8,000 students. They have an awesome business program and I am enjoying those courses as well as the Spanish language courses as well. Apparently it was blessed by the Pope too-not too shabby!
I am taking two Mexican Studies classes, one for culture and civilization and the other focusing on the politics and economics of Mexico. I am also studying Int'l marketing and Int'l Negotiations...and salsa! I am a bit nervous to start salsa, quite honestly, the girls look like they've been taking salsa since they were little! UDEM's campus is quite beautiful and boasts a better starbucks than most places, no joke! It is a little piece of Seattle that is down here for me. Classes started on the 4th of August, which was a quick adjustment for me, coming from a quarter schedule. It was a short summer but its nice to have the routine of classes to keep me focused. God has blessed me with a great school.

1 comment:

christianna rachael marie johns said...

This post was awesome to read, because I can really tell that you are enjoying everything and that you're right where God wants ya! I'm praying for you, man!