Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Summer Camp

I had the opportunity to spend this past summer at Lake Retreat Camp. It was one of the best summers of my life. I was stretched, encouraged, and learned more about myself in two months than I have in the past three years of college. I have come to realize how big of an impact Christ can have in life, that He really has been graceful to allow us to take part in this journey of life and that He would grace us with the opportunity to be apart of His work- serving the needy: the young, the elderly, the broken. This summer has taught me that we are here to be a service to those around us and to share the love and forgiveness of Christ with everyone- to be a man of God and to stay focused in this race regardless of who happens to be on the sidelines.

"So then, Just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."
Colossians 2:6-7

No comments: